South Shore Step One Collection Full / Queen 54/60-Inch Storage Platform Bed, Chocolate
– Measures 60-inch wide by 80-1/2-inch long by 10-1/2-inch high; 5-year warranty.; Mattress and accessories not included.
– Contemporary full/queen platform bed with built-in storage
– Manufactured from CARB compliant composite wood carrying the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification; laminated chocolate wood grain finish
– 2 drawers (1 drawer on each side); full extension metal glides for easy access; rounded corners; top surface is finished; box spring not required, fits full or queen size mattress. Drawer interior dimensions: width 30 inches, front-to-back 19,25 inches;
– Assembly required by two adults; Tools not provided; To clean, use a soft dry cloth; Made in Canada
– Measures 60-inch wide by 80-1/2-inch long by 10-1/2-inch high; 5-year warranty; Mattress and accessories not included
This Step One full/queen platform bed in its Chocolate finish has a timeless look and blends easily in any decor. It provides storage with two large drawers, one on each side, without handles and equipped with full extension metal slides. This bed fits full or queen size mattress and no box spring is required. When used with a full matress, a fringe of the Black finished top surface will be visible on each side and at the foot of the mattress. Its weight capacity is 500 pounds. Also available in Pure Black, Natural Maple or Pure White finish. The interior drawer dimensions are 29-3/4-inch wide by 19-1/4-inch front to back. It measures 60-inch wide by 80-1/2-inch long by 10-1/2-inch high. It is delivered in a box measuring 65-1/4-inch by 20-3/4-inch by 6-1/2-inch and weighing 150 pounds. New and improved drawer bottoms made with wood fiber. Mattress and accessories not included. Manufactured from certified Environmentally Preferred laminated particle panels. Complete assembly required by 2 adults. Tools are not included. 5-year limited warranty. Made in Canada.
Great bed for the price
Assembly was complicated and tedious. I’m a mechanic by trade, so I’m used to putting things together, and this thing took 4+ hours or so. That said, I was impressed at how well everything lined up once assembled. Given the purchase price, this thing looks good once you’re finished.
This bed will arrive in two boxes, about one hundred pounds each. I know what you’re thinking… if one of those hits the floor at a shipping depot, broken corners everywhere. Upon opening the boxes though, I was quite surprised to find ~4″ of foam and reinforced cardboard at each end of the boxes. Sure, the exterior boxes were quite squished at the corners (as to be expected from shipping something this heavy), but the packing was engineered well and did its job, none of the wood parts inside were damaged at all.
It’s inexpensive, seems solid, and when I move away from this house I don’t think it can be transported as-is. I’ll probably have to take it apart or throw it away because it’s not designed to be carried around. It’s best to build it as close as possible to its final destination. It’s all made of particle-board, so it pays to double check your work before tightening the fasteners. You may only get one chance to turn a screw in before the wood strips. If you don’t want to spend a lot and don’t mind an afternoon of work, then this is a great buy.