Buy Zinus Modern Studio Platform 2000 Metal Bed Frame/Mattress Foundation
The steel framed Platform Bed 2000 by Zinus features wooden slats that provide strong support for your memory foam, latex, or spring mattress. Low profile 10 inch height with 7 inches of clearance under the frame. Openings in two of the legs allow for attaching a headboard to this Platform bed. The Platform Bed 2000 provides stylish and strong support for your mattress.The stickers have arrows that are to be matched. Once matched, the frame will come together perfectly.
– Strong mattress support with 10 wood slats prevents sagging and increases mattress life
– Eliminates the need for a box spring
– Assembles easily in minutes
– Plastic feet protect your floors, 5 year limited warranty
– Please follow instructions for proper assembly. Numbers or Arrows must match on all four corners and holes aligned. Improper assembly will result in the slats being too wide and Part C being too short
1. I bought this for our Casper king mattress. The assembly only took about one hour (which has to be a new record for out of the box furniture). My box included all the necessary hardware. The frame is very solid and wobble free. The slats are actually more like 3.25 inches apart and quite flimsy. I didn’t trust them to keep my mattress from sagging and decided to take a trip to the hardware store for reinforcements. Four cinderblocks with end caps on them were the perfect height to place under the wood slats. I had two pieces of particle board cut 36 3/8 x 76 3/4 and put them on top of the slats. This cost me an extra $40 but was well worth it. I wouldn’t trust this frame without the extra support, but after these small modifications I love it. It’s very minimal and sturdy.
2. So far so good with this platform. It was exactly what I needed. I didn’t want a headboard or a conventional frame so this was perfect. I put it together by myself and it didnt take me very long at all. All the tools and instructions needed to assemble are included. I am a very large guy (300lbs+) and this frame supports me very well. I have my box and mattress on it so it is very high up. So far it has performed well even during more rigorous activities in bed…
I will update this review if anything changes.
People have noted that they were missing bolts when they received the product. I was not missing bolts but I could see how/why others were: the bolts are placed in a very flimsy plastic bag near the edge of the box and they had spilled out inside of my box. If the box had been damaged or opened during delivery they would have gone everywhere. Luckily this didn’t happen for me.
3. Great solid bed. Even has velcro along the sides of the strip that attaches the planks to each other which then fixes to the frame itself. This keeps the planks in place very firmly without screwing them down. Very easy to assemble. Fits together very simply, easily, and firmly.